NETGEAR Cable Modem CM500 - Compatible with all Cable Providers including Xfinity by Comcast
MOTOROLA MG7540 16x4 Cable Modem Plus AC1600 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with DFS
Linksys High Speed DOCSIS 3.0 24x8 Cable Modem
MOTOROLA 24x8 Cable Modem, Model MB7621, DOCSIS 3.0. Approved by Comcast Xfinity
TP-Link TC-W7960 DOCSIS3.0 300Mbps Wireless WiFi Cable Modem Router
Internet at your doorstep. That is the kind of change a Modem brings to your home. Yes, surely an internet connection on your phone does a few tricks but it doesn’t really suffice. Hence it is quite a good option to buy a modem to fulfill the purposes at your home.
In this article, we are actually focusing on modems that are supported by Comcast. We have arranged a list for your sake. So without further ado, let’s dive right in.
Best Modem for Comcast Xfinity
1. NETGEAR Cable Modem CM500
Compatible with all Cable Providers including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox | For Cable Plans UP to 300 Mbps | DOCSIS 3.0
What better way to begin other than with a product that is both Amazon’s Best Seller and one of Amazon’s Choice. Ask an expert and this will probably be the first name that pops up in their minds.
- The initial hassle of setting up any gadget is somewhat of a lagging process. But you won’t feel the drag with this one. You can get it up starting in about 10 minutes.
- It ensures that you get the internet speed that you pay for. As is very efficient when it comes to converting signals.
- Considering all the features that it brings about, it is available at a very decent price.
- There are a lot of settings you can configure to your will, serving good to the peeps who might want to customize it to best suit their use.
- The modem will pay for itself in a while and save you from that rent-a-modem rip-off.
With such good features and such a great price, this modem certainly is certainly worth every money you spent. Hence, it is a modem you should really consider if you are looking to buy one.
2. MOTOROLA MG 7550 16×4 Cable Modem
Plus AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Gigabit Router with Power Boost and DFS, 686 Mbps Maximum DOCSIS 3.0 – Approved by Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter Spectrum, More (Black)
This little gizmo can certainly hold a lot of candles to the former. It has an overall better rating and if you have a bigger budget this is the one that you should go after.
- The WiFi signal that you get is insanely strong even at well off distances. So you’ll be able to mess around with your phone anywhere in your home.
- The strong signal has good consistency as well. Hence making it an ideal Modem to use for online gaming.
- You never have to worry about it being damaged. A good deal of effort has been put in by the people who came up with its material.
- This one also lets you set it up with extreme ease. So you can start using it almost right after you buy it.
- It easily makes the user comfortable with its user-friendly interface.
Stay connected to the world outside with the power of the internet at high speeds. If you don’t mind spending a few extra bucks then you should have this bad boy at your home as quickly as possible.
Certified for Comcast/Xfinity, Time Warner, Cox, and Charter (Modem only, No WiFi Functionality)
A balanced product is hard to come by regardless of what you are looking for. And that is exactly what this modem grants you access to.
- Perfect for both online gaming and streaming HD quality videos. So there is something for every member of the family.
- Like all the modems above this one can also be set up quite easily. Even your grandpa could do it on his own.
- Probably the option that gives the best value for money on the entire list. Since it is worth every penny that you spend.
- The router does have a fan club of its own thanks to its good quality hardware and up to par tech support.
- With good download and upload speeds, you can use this modem for doing lots of different stuff.
A great modem that will stand beside you irrespective of your cause. Since it can do a lot of things, it will catch anything you throw at it. So you can buy it without any doubt.
4. MOTOROLA 24×8 Cable Modem, Model MB7621
DOCSIS 3.0 Approved by Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, and More. Downloads 1,000 Mbps Maximum (No WiFi)
Motorola certainly knows how to make good quality modems and this one right here is even one of Amazon’s choices. And coming at a decent price has made it pretty popular as well.
- This is possibly the best Modem out there that you can use for online gaming. So if you are a gamer look no further. But if you are a mom who wants her kids to stay away from games, avoid this one.
- The modem also comes with one of the best tech-supports too. Motorola certainly knows how to keep its customers smiling.
- Reportedly, the modem almost never causes connectivity issues. Well, that’s a great relief.
- It is one of the brands that even the customer service people at Comcast suggest.
- The hardware is decent but does last long without any issues.
It is another one of those products that offer value for money. The modem also holds out good for streaming HD videos as well.
300Mbps Wireless WiFi Cable Modem Router for Comcast, XFINITY, Time Warner Cable, Cox Communications, Charter, Spectrum
A modem/router combo that comes at a very affordable price. You should definitely check out this one if you have a taste for aesthetically pleasing compact models.
- You can easily install it in tight corners and small spaces. This is possible due to its short stature and very low weight.
- For those of you struggling to set up a guest network, the savior is here. Since it does it effortlessly.
- Regardless of its size, you can get a strong WiFi signal even at the far corners of your home.
- It lends you the power to achieve faster upload and download speeds.
- The initial setup is easy to follow.
Compactness and speed are the two words that can be best used to describe this modem. Since it certainly holds its own against the other items on the list, it is worth a look.
Guide to Buying a Modem for Comcast Xfinity
We are very confident that we have put together a good list above. But on the off chance that you actually don’t find what you are looking for, use this guide. There are certain things that you should know about and things that you should definitely have. Better safe than sorry. But we really do hope that you won’t need this part of the article.
Modem & Router Features
- LAN ports – Ability to make connections is the basis of any mode of communication. If the modem comes with LAN ports then it becomes easier to hook it up with your computer using an Ethernet cable. Moreover, the port can be used to connect other smart devices to the Modem as well.
- USB ports – A USB port is a standard feature of any electronic device you can think of. Be it TVs, computers or even modems. But eyes should be on the number and kind of USB ports the device has. Remember to buy something that meets the requirements you need.
- Quality of Service – The degree to which you can configure the settings of the modem so as to bring it up to your speed matters a lot. Since different people look to accomplish different things using the internet, different customizations are needed.
- App-Based Management – You can find all kinds of apps in the store that are designed to be used as remotes. This trend has extended to modem management as well with apps that the company itself creates. The main pro is that you will never miss an update alert ever and at the same time you will be able to keep an eye on who is using your wifi network.
Things to keep in mind
- The maximum attainable internet speed using your modem – Talk about the internet and the next thing people will talk about is its speed. When it comes to this arena the slow and steady definitely does not win the race. So it is absolutely vital that you need to look for a modem that lets you off with the best possible speed. This means to look for a modem that can actually give you the speed that the company promises.
- DOCSIS 3 vs DOCSIS 3.1 – If you have already been looking online for a good modem, chances are that you have come across either one of these and quite often. You might not really know what they mean. But it actually isn’t that complicated. The 3.1 supports a larger number of simultaneous channels and offers higher speeds. But it is a tad bit more expensive than 3. Oh, and DOCSIS stands for Data Over Cable Service for those of you who are still wondering.
- Considering a Mesh Network – Ever get annoyed by the fact that you can’t get a strong signal over your favorite lite Chair in the far end of your room? Well, if you do then one solution is to get multiple routers to make a network. So buy a modem that can support as many routers as you need.
- Security Setting – You would wanna stay clear of every kind of hacks and virus that can affect your system’s health. In that sense, security settings should be casting around for. Plus, it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world if you could watch over the people who are entering your WiFi network without you knowing about it.
So there you are. We have given you a glimpse of all the good modems out there. And we have also taken the time to write up a buying guide just in case. So if you are not interested to buy an item from this article, scout one for yourself. Good Luck.