NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo C7000
ARRIS SURFboard (32x8) Docsis 3.0 Cable Modem
Linksys High Speed DOCSIS 3.0 24x8 Cable Modem
TP-Link TC-W7960 DOCSIS3.0 300Mbps Wireless WiFi Cable Modem Router
ARRIS SURFboard SBG6900AC Docsis 3.0 16x4 Cable Modem
Life without the internet is unimaginable and things have risen to such a level that its presence is constantly required even at our homes. Obviously, there is no other device that serves this purpose better than a Modem. But when it comes to buying one you should really know your stuff. So in this article, we have gathered some of the best cable modems available in the market. And more specifically we are targeting the ones that are supported by Time Warner.
Best Cable Modem/Router For Time Warner
1. NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable modem Wifi Router Combo C7000
Compatible with all Cable Providers including Xfinity by Comast, Spectrum, Cox | For Cable Plans Up to 400 Mbps | AC1900 WiFi speed | DOCSIS
The Modem is certainly very popular with nearly 4k ratings on amazon and the title of Amazon’s choice. This Modem/Router combo is certainly one to look out for. With its slick looks and equally impressive specs, it is the perfect router to kick off this list.
- Netgear has quite the reputation of producing high-quality products and this one serves justice to that as well. There is even ISP company staff that recommend this product.
- The modem converts the signals it receives to a more readable form very quickly. You actually get the speed that you pay for.
- Since it comes as a modem/router combo, you don’t need to go the extra mile to look for a suitable set of routers that are compatible.
- You can mess around with a lot of LAN IP configurations which means that you can customize it to best suit your needs.
- The router is made to be long-lasting with its built quality and will probably be the last one you ever buy.
Be careful about one thing though, the item does not officially promise to be compatible with Time Warner but customers say otherwise.
2. ARRIS SURFboard (32×8) Docsis 3.0 cable modem
Certified for Xfinity, Spectrum, Cox, and more (SB6190 White)
The best part about the modem is that amazon has included free tech support for it. This one is also a fairly popular modem as well and it is suitable for internet plans of up to 400 Mbps speed.
- It has the ability to support a wider bandwidth and hence it can provide better quality. So it is the perfect modem you should have by your side if you are the type of person who watches movies in Ultra HD.
- The modem is easy to install and customers have even reported them being installed in a matter of minutes.
- It is a great piece of hardware. It will surely last for a long time. That is the kind of build quality that ARRIS delivers.
- If you are a gamer then you have all the more reasons to have this baby at your home. The product has received a significant amount of good nods from the gaming community.
- The modem is also supported by several internet providers in the nation. So, you can recommend it to your friends as well.
It is one of the cheapest modems on the list. The only notable drawback is that it only has DOCSIS which means that you will get comparatively less speed compared to a 3.1. But it does hold out good though.
3. Linksys CM3024 High-Speed DOCSIS 3.0 24×8 Cable Modem
Certified for Comcast/Xfinity, Time Warner, Cox, and Charter (Modem only, No Wifi Functionality)
Finally, a modem that provides a good balance between streaming and gaming purposes. With good hardware and decent tech support, this router has certainly earned its spot on this list.
- This modem provides the best value of money than any other product on the list.
- It maintains a good Wifi network even though it does not come with any separate routers.
- The sheer easiness with which it can be set up will surely blow your mind. That is, in fact, one of the reasons for its popularity.
- Like we mentioned earlier the modem works well for both streaming services as well as online gaming. That is something rare to come by.
- It is the best option if you don’t like the rental modems ripping you off.
A great modem to have at your home. It will let you up to 300 Mbps speed and features an Intell Pua 6 chipset to have high upstream and downstream performance.
4. TP-Link TC-W7960 DOCSIS3.0 300Mbps Wireless WiFi Cable Modem Router
for Comcast, XFINITY, Time Warner Cable, Cox Communications, Charter, Spectrum
Yet another modem/router combo on the list and this time at a more affordable rate.
- It is very lightweight and has a very short stature. Hence it is perfect for installing in tight corners and small spaces.
- The set gives off strong Wifi signals even at the far corners of the house.
- It has a pretty easy setting when it comes to configuring a new guest network.
- The modem is quite easy to set up and install. The entire process won’t even take an hour.
- You will also have access to great download speeds and subpar upload speeds.
Overall it is modem packing plenty of power under an aesthetically pleasing hood. And the best part is that it comes at a reasonable price. So you should seriously consider having one at your home.
5. ARRIS SURFboard SBG900AC Docsis 3.0
16×4 Cable Modem/ Wi-Fi AC1900 Router
The second Arris product in the list and the third one comes along with a router. Arris certainly knows how to make a good modem. And the fact this one has been given the Amazon’s choice tag certainly leaves no doubt.
- It is actually a three in one kit that comes along with a cable modem, a WiFi router, and a wired router.
- Movie lovers will certainly have a good time as the set is dependable when it comes to streaming HD Videos.
- It certainly has the vote of hardcore gamers as well thanks to its performance in online gaming.
- The routers have a very easy to understand user interface and easy to customize as well.
- The modem is built to last for a long time and there are customers that have even used it for 3 years without any complaints.
The only complaint about the thing is that the LED on it is a little too bright but there is nothing that a little duct tape can’t fix. Apart from that, everything works fine.
A Brief Guide to Buying a Modem for Time Warner
We have indeed put in a good amount of research and effort to put together this list. Yet there is always a chance that none of the items on the list have really caught your eye. If that indeed is the case, then we will help you look for the one you seek. It’s the least we could do after you spend so much time reading this article. So bear with us a little while longer, till the end of this guide that is.
- LAN ports – Cables such as Ethernet cables can be used to connect your modem to your computer provided it has LAN ports. Furthermore, other smart devices can be connected as well.
- USB ports – This is a standard port that comes with all types of devices these days. So you need not worry about its absence. However, be careful to buy one with the number of ports you need and its properties.
- Quality of Service – You should be able to mess around with your modem so that you can bring it to match your lifestyle. People use the internet for all kinds of things and different activities require different customized settings.
- App-Based Management – Modem and Router Combos have come a long way since their inception. And app-based management is now its new peak. This new addition lets you monitor the devices connected to your network with ease. And you won’t ever miss a single update alert.
Things that you should consider
- How fast can the internet go with your Modem – Your modem won’t provide you with the internet speed that the company promises. It’s no old news. Therefore you should look for one that meets your speed requirements. There are modems that operate in different ranges of speed and you should look for one that suits your internet plan.
- DOCSIS 3 vs DOCSIS 3.1 – There is no real chance that you know what this means because, well it is not described clearly in advertisements. DOCSIS stands for Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification. To put it simply, it gives you an idea about the net speed and the number of simultaneous channels. And of course, 3.1 tumps over 3 and costs a significant amount more.
- Considering a Mesh Network – Earlier modems came with inbuilt routers. But these days they come by separately and you even have the option of connecting numerous routers to the same modem. Therefore you can avoid the single biggest disadvantage of earlier modems. That is when you have a single router, there would be certain areas in your house where the connection will be weak. But with multiple routers, you can solve this issue with ease. So it would be smart to buy a modem that can support the number of routers that you will need around your house.
- Security settings – Cybersecurity in all forms is a key factor to consider while purchasing any kind of technology. You keep an eye out for features that keep you safe against potential hacks and virus threats. At the same time, you might also wanna look for settings that don’t let people enter your network without your knowledge.
The article leaves you with a pretty good understanding of the cable modem while informing you about some of the best ones on the market. You might notice that none of the modems above is DOCSIS. That’s because most of the internet providers are only at the beginning stage of 3.1. And with that bit of information, you have everything you need to know in order to buy one for yourself.